Tuesday, February 12, 2013

{ Mantel Styling } Coral and Turquoise

I am slooooooooooooowly making my way through my living and dining room remodel this winter.  I was telling my mom yesterday that I was feeling overwhelmed with everything I have left to get done {ideally before Hal's 1st bday}.  Her advice to me was to start with the smallest project first and move on from there.  Good advice Mommulls :)  So, today I tackled a small project...finishing my mantel styling.  My colors for the remodel are coral, turquoise and grays and I have been collecting items here and there for a while and they are crammed in the empty rooms just waiting to shine.  I gathered up the items I had in mind for the mantel and arranged, rearranged and arranged them again this morning.  And here is the result...

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  I like clean, bright and simple and I think this fits the bill.



The Keep Calm print I ordered from Etsy.

The white frame/matting is from Target.

I have had the silver "J" forever.  I think I got it at a store called Sugar Bakers in Omaha.

The coral leaf frame is a 5" x 7" from Target.

The gray chevron print I made myself.  Another Pinterest project that was way more work than I thought it would be.


The large letter "J" I ordered from Joann Fabric.  I then painted it turquoise {or more precisely "Jamaican Sea" in FolkArt brand acrylic paint}.

The small silver bird was a gift from my Mommulls.  She bought it on a girls trip we took to Weston, MO a few years ago.

I have no idea where I got the ampersand!


If you like my mantel styling, feel free to pin it!

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment