Sunday, December 16, 2012

DIY Garland Christmas Card Holder

This DIY project was pretty self-explanatory and easy.  I've been looking for a simple and chic way to display my Christmas cards that is simple (did I mention it needs to be simple?) and inexpensive.  I trolled around Pinterest and found a nice one on The Good Stuff blog and it looked easy enough.  I already had a gaggle of pre-lit garlands from Target in my basement, so I used two 8' strands.  I think they cost around $10 when I bought them a few years ago.  I used 3m command strips (I looooooove these things) to hang the garland around the outside of the door trim and then just used plain wooden clothespins to hang the cards.  The one I saw on Pinterest used diy glitter clothespins.  No thank you.  I don't do glitter.   It. Is. A. Mess.  I added a DIY Faux Iron Letter "J" to the upper left hand corner (more on those in a later blog) for a little pizazz and that was it.  Easy peasy.  Feel free to copy and add your own pizazz :)



Ciao for now


No comments:

Post a Comment